Jack's crew

Jack's crew
Jack's crew hunting

Monday, June 3, 2013


Ralph

Entry 4:
            I couldn’t believe my eyes when we saw the officer reach the island shores. It was as if it wasn’t even real for a few minutes while he spoke to us in our bloody costumes of dirt and stink. But it was real and the officer was real; his boat was real and everything that came with it. The cruiser we were in took us to a larger battle ship of the United States of America. Her name was the USS Arizona and she was huge; it was just unreal. I have never seen anything like it before. The soldiers in the boat helped us, fed us, and provided a place for us to sleep even though it smelled almost as bad as the island did. About nine days later me, Jack, Samneric, and everyone else arrived on another island, an island of the Americans; it was known as Hawaii. It was a beautiful place and everyone was so welcoming even though the attacks had occurred just 4 years ago. I stayed on the island with Samneric away from Jack for 2 years.
Hawaii
 
            But that was 11 years ago. I am home now in Great Britain; I live alone on the fourth story of a small apartment building. My father’s battleship was destroyed on January 3, 1945 by a German sub. I have no family now. But while I was on that island years ago, I learned something. Something more powerful than just learning how to live a life alone or survival. I learned how to live alone. To live in a society where I had no family, no true friends, and a place where I had enemies. And even after all these years of hating and the terrifying memories of that place, I have come to the realization of what it really taught me. Samneric still keeps in touch with me, as for Jack and the others I haven’t said a word to them since Hawaii and have never heard or seen them since.
 
My Dad’s boat

            I recently wrote a book about my adventure all those years ago. It just came out seven days ago; it’s titled It’s Real and Great Britain and the entire world already loves it. I can’t wait to move on, to get out of this apartment and stop living alone and start a family. My name is Ralph Murray and I am a survivor of an island off the coast of South America that I like to call “Hell.”


1 comment:

  1. I am Piggy's Auntie. I am very glad to hear that you have become successful. I just want to let you know you should not regret anything you did, you and Piggy were smart boys.

    ReplyDelete